Smoke Alarm Inspection in Sydney
Smoke Alarm Test & Inspect
At Safe fire and electrical we offer annual smoke alarm inspection and testing for residential, commercial, and rental properties.
Safe Fire And Electrical is a team of highly qualified, licensed, and expert technicians. They specialize in and have been providing high-quality smoke alarm services for private residential, commercial, strata, and real estate customers.
Why It’s Important
- Smoke alarms can alert you of a fire if you are asleep or busy in a different part of your home.
- Smoke alarms give you extra warning time to leave your home before you are covered by fire or smoke.
- Smoke breath can result in serious injury or death. It is the underlying primary cause of death for victims of fires.
WHY DO YOU NEED SMOKE DETECTORS/ALARMS IN YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS?
Mostly, fires tend to be quiet until they are very large. Mild crackling probably won’t wake you up if you are sleeping, and the building smoke can instantly cause you to lose consciousness. If you don’t have smoke detectors in place, you may not wake up in time to leave the blaze.
Modern smoke detectors can sense smoke quickly, letting you know of the danger almost immediately. Every extra second can make the difference between surviving and suffering complications from smoke inhalation, and smoke detectors will give you a large amount of time to get out.
Trust the experts in smoke alarm installation. Trust in Safe Fire & Electrical to keep your family and home safe from fire and smoke through properly installed, working, and well-maintained smoke alarms.
FIRE AND RESCUE NSW RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING MAINTENANCE FOR YOUR SMOKE ALARM:
- Smoke alarms are inspected every month (by pressing the test button) to ensure the battery and the alarm work.
- Smoke alarms should be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner every six months.
Once a year: If your smoke alarm has a battery, you should replace it yearly. If your smoke alarm uses a ten-year lithium battery, it is inbuilt into the alarm and cannot be replaced. The entire unit needs to be replaced every 10 years.
WHO NEEDS A SMOKE ALARM INSPECTION?
- Property managers
- Body corporate
- Private landlords
- At the start of any new tenancy agreement.
- At alarm malfunction