Fire Equipment Testing in Sydney
How Often Should Sydney Fire Extinguishers Be Tested?
AS1851 indicates that all portable and wheeled fire extinguishers should be examined every six months to a year and that pressure testing and refills need to be carried out at least every five years.
What are the types of Fire Extinguishers in Australia?
- Foam – [Suitable for Class A and B fires]
- Dry Powder – [ Class A, B, C & E fires. ]
- Water – [Suitable for Class A fires.]
- Wet Chemical – [Class F fires or A fires.]
- Carbon Dioxide CO2 – [Class E, A, B, F fires]
What we do
Why Professional Fire Extinguisher Testing is Essential For Sydney Businesses
Fire Extinguishers testing is important because fire extinguishers are the first line of defense in protecting you and your business when a fire occurs. There are dozens of regulations in place to ensure that your fire extinguisher is up to the system and working properly, and this ensures the prevention of death and injury.
Different classes of fire.There are six classes of fire:
- Class A – Normal combustibles such as wood or plastic
- Class B – Flammable liquids such as petrol or paint Class C – Combustible gases such as LPG gas or natural gas
- Class D – Flammable metals such as magnesium
- Class E – Electrically energized equipment such as short-circuited machinery or overloaded electrical cables
- Class F – Cooking oils such as vegetable oil, fats, and lard.
Fire Extinguisher Installation
Our installation is compliant with AS 2444 and includes the brackets, signs, and seals. The extinguishers we provide are also compliant with Australian Standards.
The extinguishers must also comply with their specific terms. During installation, consideration should be made to ensure that the types, sizes, and classification of extinguishers are made correctly so that compliance for the particular building is achieved.
Safe Fire & Electrical will make a thorough review of all your fire systems and equipment, including fire extinguishers which need to be checked and evaluated every six months.
Such a careful inspection is necessary to ensure that your fire safety measures and fire engineered solutions meet the requirements as specified in the Building Code of Australia and other applicable Australian Fire Safety Standards.
Safe Fire & Electrical offers the most competitive prices when it comes to Fire Extinguisher Testing in Sydney. We strive to offer the best customer service to all our customers. We also guarantee complete documentation for the AFSS or Fire Safety Certificate.
For Fire Equipment & Extinguisher Testing – CALL NOW!
Our specialists will not only give you the benefit of their expert opinion. You can count on them to be punctual and careful in delivering the fire equipment services in Sydney that you, your home, and your business need.